The WACSI Committee develops and leads an annual Summer Institute. This Summer Institute is intended to help new and prospective leaders strengthen their WAC/WID programs or similar initiatives in the US and internationally, but it is also aimed at supporting more experienced directors who may be facing new challenges or who are seeking to revitalize their programs. In addition to an overall theme, specific topics for the workshops are determined based on participants’ interests and goals. Small-group meetings afford mentoring and networking opportunities; individual consultations with institute leaders are also available. All participants can expect to leave the event with a clear perception and practical strategies for building or revitalizing their own campus-based programs.
Find all the details about the upcoming institute here.
Elected Committee Members
- Current Chair & Facilitator: Alisa Russell, Wake Forest University
Selected Committee Members
- Current Lead Facilitator: Chris Anson, North Carolina State University
- Incoming Lead Facilitator: Cris Elder, University of New Mexico
- Outgoing Lead Facilitator: Jeff Galin, Florida Atlantic University
- Planning Member & Facilitator: Genevieve García de Müeller, Syracuse University
Minutes from WACSI Committee meetings, as well as WACSI Budget sheets, are available to all AWAC members.