UPDATE 3/27/21: Given that IWAC Conference will be fully virtual over the entire first week of August, we are postponing the 2021 WACSI to later in the Fall 2021 semester to avoid Zoom burnout and open the possibility for in-person participation at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM. Those registered for the 2020 WACSI will receive first priority. We will confirm dates and costs by June 1, 2021.
The 2022 WACSI will take place in-person at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA, in June 2022.
The WACSI Committee’s primary goal is to develop and lead an annual Summer Institute that assists new and prospective leaders of WAC/WID or similar initiatives in the US and internationally with planning and developing their programs. The Institute also supports experienced directors who face new challenges or wish to expand, update, or revitalize their programs. The WACSI Committee developed the WACSI Guidelines and Protocols, a document that lays out the committee’s mission, history, membership, governance, records, and budget.
Elected Committee Members
- Current Leader: Chris Anson, North Carolina State University
- Incoming Leader: Cris Elder, University of New Mexico
- Outgoing Leader: Jeff Galin, Florida Atlantic University
- Planning Member: Teresa Redd, Howard University
- Planning Member: Rebecca Nowacek, Marquette University
- Planning Member: Genevieve García de Müeller, Syracuse University
- Co-Chair/Planning Member: Terry Zawacki, George Mason University
- Co-Chair/Planning Member: Alisa Russell, University of Kansas
- Local Host: Mike Palmquist, Colorado State University
- Local Coordinator: Cookie Egret, Colorado State University
Minutes from WACSI Committee meetings, as well as WACSI Budget sheets, are available to all AWAC members.