The International Collaborations Committee works to fulfill AWAC’s mission to better support and grow Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) as a global intellectual tradition by collaborating with existing WAC organizations, conferences, research projects and scholars outside of the United States, as well as promoting new networks and initiatives. Through these collaborations, the committee is charged with helping AWAC members learn from WAC communities around the globe as well as facilitating opportunities for the AWAC community to share our AWAC-supported scholarship and practices globally.
Activities may include:
- Supporting, financially and otherwise, AWAC member participation in WAC conferences outside the United States
- Supporting, financially and otherwise, the participation of scholars from outside the United States in the presentation of scholarship associated with NCTE, MLA, TYCA, ATTW, AAUP, the WAC Clearinghouse, WAC-GO, IWAC conference, WAC institute, WRAB, and the CCCC WAC Standing Group
- Advocate for AWAC funding to support international partnerships
- Coordination with the Promoting Partnerships Committee to ensure international representation in AWAC partnerships
- Providing an annual report to the Executive Board with appropriate recommendations and requests
- Promoting collaborative international research projects and publications (journal special issues, edited books)
- Developing regional networks affiliated to AWAC
Current chairs of the committee are Chris Anson, North Carolina State University, U.S.A., and Federico Navarro, Universidad de O’Higgins, Chile.
All International Collaborations Committee Members
Whitney Jordan Adams, Clemson University
Paul Anderson, Paul Anderson
Chris M. Anson, North Carolina State University
Christine Burgoyne, Virginia Tech
Heather Camp, Minnesota State University, Mankato
Ming Fang, Florida International University
Shareen Grogan, University of Montana
Anuj Gupta, Ashoka University
Federico Navarro, Universidad de O'Higgins
Mary Lourdes Silva, Ithaca College
Minutes from International Collaborations Committee meetings are available to all AWAC members.