The goal of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is to promote diversity within AWAC as well as across WAC more broadly.
- Consider diversity, equity, and inclusion along the lines of: demographics/identity, institutional type, disciplinary backgrounds, institutional roles, language;
- Keep all AWAC committees and efforts accountable on issues surrounding DEI;
- Amplify voices that enrich conversations and inform decision-making explicitly through DEI lenses;
- Be attentive of who the AWAC is for and the various (and variety of) stakeholders;
- Identify challenges and strengths in achieving sustainable efforts to promote diversity within AWAC membership.
- Identify what has been working so far to build or maintain DEI in the organization and the WAC/WID community;
- Include explicitly in each committee’s annual report accountability of DEI efforts, especially in terms of how the DEI work is integrated as core than peripheral work;
- Involve various (and a variety of) stakeholders in leadership and key support roles within in the conference;
- Make language in the organization, community, conferences, journals more accessible to a wider audience and participants by removing or limiting jargon.
All Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Members
Amit Anshumali, The University of Chicago
Sheryl Bone, Purdue University Global
Min-Seok Choi, The Ohio State University
Nicole Cunningham-frisbey, University of new hampshire
Cristyn L. Elder, University of New Mexico
Galia Fussell, Purdue University Global
Regina McManigell Grijalva, Oklahoma City University
Al Harahap, University of Oklahoma
David Healey, Purdue University Global
Beth Lee, Purdue University Global,
Maureen Mathison, University of Utah
Debbie Olson, Missouri Valley College
Cynthia Pengilly, Central Washington University
Stacey Sheriff, Colby College
Lisa Tremain, Humboldt State University
Kathleen Turner Ledgerwood, Lincoln University
Minutes from Diversity and Inclusion Committee meetings are available to all AWAC members.