The goal of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is to promote diversity within AWAC as well as across WAC more broadly.
- Consider diversity and inclusion along the lines of: demographics/identity, institutional type, disciplinary backgrounds, institutional roles, language
- Diversity and inclusion should be made accountable by all AWAC committees and efforts;
- Efforts should go beyond being welcoming and participation of a diversity of membership and also consider long-term sustainability;
- Considering who the conference is for, with attention to various (and variety of) stakeholders.
- Identifying what has been working so far to build or maintain diversity and inclusion in the organization/community;
- Each committee’s annual report to include explicit accountability of diversity and inclusion efforts;
- Dejargoning; making language in the organization, community, conferences, journals more accessible to a wider audience and participants
All Diversity and Inclusion Committee Members
Amit Anshumali, The University of Chicago
Min-Seok Choi, The Ohio State University
Cristyn L. Elder, University of New Mexico
Regina McManigell Grijalva, Oklahoma City University
Al Harahap, University of Oklahoma
David Healey, Purdue University Global
Kathleen Turner Ledgerwood, Lincoln University
Maureen Mathison, University of Utah
Debbie Olson, Missouri Valley College
Cynthia Pengilly, Central Washington University
Minutes from Diversity and Inclusion Committee meetings are available to all AWAC members.