Call for Incoming Chair Nomination for the CCCC WAC Standing Group
The CCCC Writing Across the Curriculum Standing Group, established in April 2017, organizes a business meeting and a panel or workshop for the Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) annually.
The purpose of the WAC SG is to:
- Discuss possible areas of need in writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines and writing across communities research within CCCC and in secondary schools, colleges, and universities in the US and abroad
- Provide a space for writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines, and writing across communities researchers to network with others in the community with complementary research projects
- Advocate for writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines, and writing across communities within CCCC and in K-12 education in the US and internationally
- Foster mentorship for graduate students, faculty, and administrators interested in WAC
- Organize special-topic CCCC panels and/or workshops on writing across the curriculum, writing in the disciplines, and writing across communities
Become a member. By becoming a member of the WAC Standing Group, you become eligible to vote for the WAC Standing Group incoming chair as well as stand for election. Standing Group members must be current CCCC members. To become a CCCC WAC SG member, complete this brief form.
Nominate yourself or someone else to be the Incoming Chair. The Incoming Chair assists the Chair and Outgoing Chair in selecting a Sponsored Panel or Sponsored Workshop, planning the business meeting, and planning other WAC SG activities. This is a three-year commitment, as the Incoming Chair rotates to Chair and Outgoing Chair. To nominate yourself, send a brief statement (100 word limit) to current chair Jeff Galin (ude.uaf@nilagj) by Oct 20th. To nominate another, send their name, contact information, and the reason for your nomination to Jeff by Oct 17th.